Farm Tractor OperatorApply for this job
Duty Station:Roving across all bases, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:May 05, 2023 11:00 PM
Number of Positions:1
Age Limit:Not Specified
Download Job DetailsDownload File
Under the supervision of the Senior Driver/Mechanic, the Tractor Operator will drive farm tractor as required in all program activities, and carry out regular maintenance and repairs of the tractUnder the supervision of the Senior Driver/Mechanic,or, conduct farm logistics activities associated with FSL Programs while adhering to the set guidelines and procedures.
The Tractor Operator will carry out regular maintenance and repairs of tractor /farm equipment, perform regular engine maintenance, inspect, maintain, diagnose, and assist with basic repairing farm equipment. This job will require working in remote field locations to carry out farm activities such as ploughing, land layering, leveling, planting, irrigating, and harvesting of crops etc. as may be assigned by the FSL Team
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Driving and carrying out regular maintenance and repairs of tractors and other farm implements.
- Perform routine engine maintenance and record keeping of all equipment repairs.
- Adjust, repair, and service farm tractor and notify supervisors whenever there is machinery malfunctions.
- Hook tow trucks to trailer hitches and fasten attachments, such as graders, plows, rollers, and winch cables to tractors and other farm implements.
- Load and unload crops or containers of materials, manually or using equipment.
- Operating tractors safely and efficiently.
- Performing inspections of tractors and attachments like graders, rollers, and plows, and ensuring they are well-lubricated.
- Using tractor to transport materials and pull or push agricultural equipment.
- Operating tractors with laser leveling equipment to prepare fields.
- Reporting any faults or concerns to the Senior Mechanic and other relevant stakeholders.
- Remaining alert while driving and servicing the tractor, and maintaining the appropriate speed limit at all times.
- Completing minor repairs on tractor and farm equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A qualification in Motor vehicle Mechanics & Driving and training in Defensive Driving.
- At least 3 years’ experience
- A valid driving permit
- Relevant operator/driver’s license.
- A completed apprenticeship or experience in a similar role.
- The ability to identify and react appropriately to hazards while operating the equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of heavy farm equipment.
- Experience performing maintenance on tractors and other farming equipment.
- (English, other local languages preferred)