Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Extension WorkersApply for this job
Duty Station:Moroto, Nakapiripirit & Nabilatuk, UG
Salary Scale:Not Specified
Deadline:May 05, 2023 11:00 PM
Number of Positions:3
Age Limit:Not Specified
Download Job DetailsDownload File
The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Extension Worker is the front line technical in the delivery of our FSL programs. He/She will provide support and ensure successful implementation of food security and livelihood interventions, including agricultural development, business development, vocational skills training, and VSLA. The incumbent plays a key role in the field with community mobilization, support training of project beneficiaries, monitoring of and support to field activities and documentation
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Programme Implementation (70%)
- Implementation of food security and livelihood activities within the scope of the project.
- Community mobilization, targeting and monitoring movement and distribution of food security and livelihood inputs to the target groups
- In consultation with the Food Security and Livelihood Officer and other staff organize and draw work plans
- Where possible in liaison with FSL Officer link extension services to other existing institutions and organizations such as those responsible for providing credit, technology packages, marketing facilities.
- Work with the refugees and host communities to explore indigenous technical experiences and develop cropping calendars and business Plans.
- Facilitate adoption of livelihood and resilience innovations such as sustainable Optimized Land Use Model (OLUM), Block farming, VSLA methodology and Sustainable Income Generation alternatives.
- Support the FSL Officer conduct FSL related trainings to the target beneficiaries
- Effective Monitoring and Evaluation (25%)
- Participate in surveys, assessments to continually identify agricultural and business gaps and needs in the district.
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites and update the FSL Officer with the progress of project activities in the field
- Prepare regular and comprehensive project progressive monthly and weekly reports.
- Participate in Programme evaluation
- Ensure that all the partners contracted by ACF, render quality service to the clienteles/beneficiaries as per the terms spelt out in the contractual agreements and give feed back to the FSL Officer
- A minimum of a diploma in Agricultural Extension, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Livestock, Business development, forestry or other relevant discipline
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with agricultural development, business development, vocational skills training, and cash based interventions.
- Previous exposure and experience in for agriculture value chain and income generating activities
· Excellent communication skills and ability to write good reports
· Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
· Previous work in a refugee setting is desirable.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
· Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations
· Culturally sensitive
· Knowledge of the local language (N’gakaramojong) is a MUST
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Ability and willingness to ride a motor/bicycle, and possession of a valid riding permit is an added advantage.